Tuesday 25 September 2007

slow movement (part 1)


Battery-recycling Collection Boxes inside Supermarket in Kassel, Germany

________________________________________________________________________

Green life is not only about using less paper and plastic bags, it is also about how to lead a sustainable way of life, to appreciate what the planet has given to you and in return make your own efforts to help our future generations to have a chance to experience the eternal past as well as the brilliant future.

Below is an interview article taken from the london paper on 21 sept 2007 about the SLOW movement -

the chat
CARL HONORÉ

The former foreign correspondent, author and activist for the slow movement tells Nick McGrath how to find his inner tortoise

Q: When did your "slow" epiphany occur?
A: By nature, I'm quite a fast person. I got stuck in fast forward and couldn't slow down. I even used to spees-read Snow White to my son.

Q: What changed?
A: I read an ad for a book called One Minute Bedtime Stories. My first thought was: "I'm getting the whole set from Amazon this morning." By my second was: "Am I really prepared to fob off my won with a sound bite?"

Q: What's the "slow ethos"?
A: It's about doing things as well as possible and not as fast as possible. It's about reconnecting with your inner tortoise.

... to be continued


today's fresh lime -


港人‧港樹‧港情 - HK‧LOVE ‧TREES

No comments: